Friday 24 February 2012

// It shouldn't really work...


but it does. 

There are some interiors that I come across, that in theory, shouldn't really appeal. Yet sometimes I find myself drawn to cluttered, clashing and slightly chaotic interior schemes. 

Place me in front of a table full of pictures of well coordinated and tonal interiors that are neat and precise and whilst I can appreciate them, I'd never want to live in one. Considering what I do and who I do it for, I'm sure the more suited and booted interiors should appeal more, but yet as if by some form of rebellion I find myself craving interior chaos, albeit stylish chaos. Clashing colours, a spot of pattern, books, drawings on the wall, quirky accessories and artwork, upon artwork, upon more artwork. 

The Selby is my visual fix for this kind of interior. Each week I love seeing who's apartment is going to feature next. For me these are real houses with real personality. 









{via The Selby}

No comments:

Post a Comment