Thursday 19 January 2012

// Go Black


At the beginning of Autumn/Winter '11, I decided that I was going to invest in black. Black shoes, black boots, black bags, black coats, black everything. The same goes for interiors. Black is most definitely my colour for 2012. 

As Abigail Ahern kicks off her year long campaign daring everyone to go dark, I think we will see a boom in the use of dark, sludgy hues throughout interiors be it both commercial and residential. White has most definitely been the dominant colour for those striving for the more minimalist, fresher interior. Don't get me wrong, I still love white with its crispness, its simple elegance, but now I think I'll just start adding a touch of black too. 

A black wall creates a solid background in a room, a dark sea of contrast for everything to bounce off. White frames pop off it, light floors instantly become brighter and coloured furniture adds a funky twist. It's warming, it lights fantastically and all in all, its just ruddy gorgeous to look at. For maximum impact layer black on top of black, matt on top of gloss and texture on top of more texture. 

Black is back. 






No comments:

Post a Comment